nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] libtermkey

From: Mark Majeres
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] libtermkey
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 06:42:38 -0700

On 6/26/14, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014, at 18:28, Mark Majeres wrote:
>> Did you see this thread?
>>
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9061111/ncurses-with-arrow-keys-plus-modifiers
>
> No, I haven't been looking into any major overhauls of parts of
> nano, just into small tiny changes and bug fixes.
>
>> I came across this piece of code awhile back, never tried it though.
>> It would add abiity to shift+arrow too, which would be a lot better
>> for selecting/marking.
>
> Well, the current code in nano does detect Shift+Arrow and Ctrl+Arrow
> on several terminals, it just doesn't do anything with it, it simply
> reduces them to plain Arrow keys.
>
> Yes, also Chris remarked a little while back that having Shift+Arrow
> available for selecting text would be nice.  But it is major addition
> and thus not something I will be looking at for quite a while.
>
> Benno

Just to clarify, I was suggesting the code at the second link for
usage, not libtermkey.  I'll include the link again.  It is only a few
lines of code, and my understanding is that it's independent of the
terminal.  The keystrokes are coming from the linux kernel via an
ioctl call.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/programming-scripting/195650-ncurses-key-modifiers-console-xwindows-solved.html

--Mark