nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Softwrap navigation overhaul

From: David Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Softwrap navigation overhaul
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 09:24:48 -0600

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 2:58 AM, Benno Schulenberg
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Okay.  I wouldn't call them x-coordinates, though.  In nano, an x is
> an index in a string, in a character array.  For me, coordinates are
> the indication of a physical position, like a row and a column on a
> screen. So, calling x a coordinate confuses me.

Good to know.

> No problem.  This is what we do the review for: to catch these kinds
> of confusions.

Also good to know :)

Version 2b is attached.  It's now 34 patches on the softwrap side (the
same amount of code as before, but I consolidated the edittop_leftedge
changes for moving up and for scrolling up into one patch, since they
take up two lines total and both affect do_up()).