nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] New Feature: completion from external dictionary

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] New Feature: completion from external dictionary
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2018 19:24:23 +0200

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the patch.  I will look at it next week.  First I have
some catching up to do -- I have been on vacation.

> It is still missing the ability to reload the dictionary only if its> date
> has been changed, but that will be my next change.
This doesn't sound like a necessary feature.  So make sure to make
it a separate patch.  In general: when applicable, cut up any new
feature into the smallest patches that make sense by themselves.

> Also, should I send this patch through savannah?

No.  The Patches section on Savannah is mostly meant for plain bug
fixes and simple additions that don't need any discussion.  (Only
when in the end I would reject the patch, you might want to post
the patch set also on Savannah, so that interested people are more
likely to find it.)

Benno