nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Request to assign a Bug for fixing

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Request to assign a Bug for fixing
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 09:31:24 +0200

(Do *not* send me email.  Answer only to the list.)

[Snipped some irrelevant quoting of my mail.]

Op 13-10-18 om 13:02 schreef Pranav Joglekar:
> The "bugs" that I would like to see fixed are:
>
>   https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54714  (linter differentiation)
>>Can you please help me by telling me how to invoke the linter. I think I may
>>be
> able to do this.

Huh?  You have misunderstood how quoting an email works.  If you
would just use a normal mailer, the mailer would do it for you.

But I give up.  If I have to tell you how to invoke the linter...

>   https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?48595  (translatable man pages)
>   https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?40060  (bracketed paste mode)
>>What I think needs to be done is when a text is pasted add ^[[200~ at the
>>start
> of the pasted text and add ^[[201~ at the end of the pasted text.

Yes, that is the easy part: just tell the terminal to switch on
bracketed paste mode: ^[[?2004h.  The hard part is to catch ^[[200~
and then capture all the stuff that comes after it until ^[[201~
into a separate buffer, and then paste this buffer into the current
buffer as if it were a normal "uncut".

[More snipping of irrelevantly quoted text.]

> One question: do you actually use nano as your editor?
>>No. I use vim but I know how to use nano. But I felt that
>>the nano source code is easier to understand than the vim source code.
>>So I think I will be able to contribute to nano.

Thanks.  But please find some other project to contribute to.

[Snipped another entire copy of my email.]

Benno