nano-devel

Re: a scroll bar on the right that shows position and portion

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: a scroll bar on the right that shows position and portion
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 17:15:44 +0200

Op 26-04-2020 om 12:59 schreef Brand Huntsman:
> The knob represents the entire edit window, not the single bottom line
> that is on the top row. If the edit window and file has a height of 10
> lines and you scroll down so only the bottom line is visible, the knob
> should be ~50% of the scrollbar, not 10%.

Hm...  Strange behavior.  To me, the knob should be proportional
to the amount of the buffer contents that are visible.

> Your patch doesn't work at all for me.

That is nonsense and incredibly rude.  It works fine as long as you
just scroll through a file.  (True, this is an editor, but...)

> I opened a new buffer and started
> typing. Every character on every line caused a blank in scrollbar.

Okay.  Now I understand why Marco had added a call to wiping code.
Improved patch is coming up.

> And does A_DIM work for you in urxvt and all other terminals, other
> than xterm?

If it works in Xfce, it probably works in all VTE-derived terminals.
One of these days I'll checks whether it works in Konsole.

Benno