nano-devel

Re: having a scroll bar also in softwrap mode

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: having a scroll bar also in softwrap mode
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 19:05:10 +0200

Op 01-05-2020 om 18:11 schreef Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita:
> Attached is an updated version of my patch. I applies on top of your
> v3 rebased to current master.
>
> It includes some fixes:
>   - Correctly update the scrollbar when buffer is scrolled;
>   - Correctly draw the scrollbar on the end of a line;
>   - Not allowing the scrollbar to go out of sight on overscrolled buffers.

But you change a large part of the behavior of the scroll bar.  The request
(https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?57956) clearly says that the idea is that
the scroll bar shows both the position in the file and the *portion* of the
file being displayed in the window -- like my original patch does.  That is
also how the scroll bar in a graphical program behaves: the "thing" becomes
smaller the larger the file is; and when the whole file is on the screen,
the "thing" occupies the full height of the window.  But with your patch,
this "thing" is always the same size: one little block.

Benno