nano-devel

Re: [RFC] Use right top corner to display nano state

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [RFC] Use right top corner to display nano state
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 12:10:48 +0200

Op 10-05-2020 om 19:30 schreef pepa65:
> I applied the patch to fd70c25d2173aeb2c68d08c60c6f4b4fd4283c87 and
> added `set showstate` to .nanorc.
>
> I like to have this information on-screen when using nano, [...]

But in your next mail you say you would like an option to make the
title bar disappear.  How do those two things fit together?

> I think having the configuration set up like:
> set showstates modified,macro,indent,mark,hardwrap
> (the user can leave out any state they never want to see marked) would
> give more configurability.

It's easy to think up all kinds of configurability.  But what you
propose would require a whole bunch of extra code to just parse
the states to be shown.  That's not going to happen.

Benno