nano-devel

Re: things on the minibar are distracting

From: pepa65
Subject: Re: things on the minibar are distracting
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 17:13:25 +0700

On 23/01/2021 19.25, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
>>> ? Option 'set markmatch' highlights the result of a successful search
>>>  by putting the mark at the end of the match, making the match more
>>>  visible.
>
> I like the improved visibility of the found occurrence, but having it
> marked is a bit of a hindrance.  Apparently, after having searched for
> something, I often want to delete the relevant line, but now the first
> ^K deletes the found text.  It needs a second ^K to delete the line.
> I still haven't gotten used to this.

If I can offer feedback on this: I had to turn it off, because now
"delete" no longer deletes the whole line, and it became a nuisance to
my muscle-memory. If possible, it would be great to just highlight the
search, but NOT select it. Not sure how that messes with the semantics...

Sorry for first encouraging this, it might still have its uses, but in
normal usage, I couldn't keep it (but I miss the bighlighting).

Peter