nano-devel

Re: Website improvements and source code

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: Website improvements and source code
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 11:41:49 +0100

Op 15-02-2023 om 20:02 schreef matteo_luigi_raso:
Unable to connect

An error occurred during a connection to nano-editor.org
<http://nano-editor.org>.

Have you tried connecting to the https version of the URL?
Maybe the site has a problem redirecting to https and I don't
notice that because I've got Firefox configured to always use
https.

In general, though, a connection error indicates that there is
something wrong with certificates somewhere.

I pinged the website to make sure that it wasn't a network issue, so it's
probably because of the HTML.

Why would older HTML code lead to a *connection* error?
Have you compiled Firefox to reject HTML4?

The fact of the matter is, there's clearly some issue in trying to access the
website,

For you.  I've not heard of anyone else having a problem.

and even if it doesn't turn out to be because of the HTML, the code you use
is depreciated
The code is not deprecated at all.  Is HTML4 deprecated?
And really, do you want your browser to fail on old sites,
on any site that hasn't been updated in the last ten years?

Benno