netftpserver-general

[Net::FTPServer] Yair's patches in version 1.119

From: Richard Jones
Subject: [Net::FTPServer] Yair's patches in version 1.119
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:22:22 +0000

Good morning Yair,

I've added your patch to what will be 1.119, with the following
exception and reservations.

* I didn't change the handling of sending code 150 before opening the
data connection.  This would break passive mode data transfers.  It's
possible, though, that there's still a real bug here, and perhaps the
real solution would be to change the order of 150 / 425 codes between
active and passive mode.  This requires a non-trivial change to
open_data_connection so I left it as it is for now.

* I'd like to see a bit more documentation for your changes.  For
instance, you've added %Y and other things as directives for the log
file names.  This is fantastic, but should be documented.

* It's better if you send me smaller patches in future.  To do this,
you need to first of all make a backup of the original FTPServer.pm, eg:

  cp lib/Net/FTPServer.pm lib/Net/FTPServer.pm.orig

Then make your change.  Then send me the patch:

  diff -u lib/Net/FTPServer.pm.orig lib/Net/FTPServer.pm > /tmp/patch1

(for example).  If you send a series of smaller patches like this,
then it's easier for me to integrate them into Net::FTPServer.  And if
it's easier for me to integrate them, then you'll get a faster
response too.

Thanks for the new features!

Rich.

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj
"One serious obstacle to the adoption of good programming languages is