nmh-workers

Re: Has anyone looked at JMAP?

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: Has anyone looked at JMAP?
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 16:48:42 -0400

>I don't know if it will be easier to interface mh folders to or not.

So, "solution in search of a problem" might have been a bit harsh.  I
understand where they are coming from.  But ... fundamentally, here are
the issues I see with nmh<->IMAP/JMAP interface:

- Authentication
- Being able to detect when the contents of a folder changes
- Mapping unique server message identifiers to MH message numbers

As far as I can tell, all of these issues are the same between IMAP
and JMAP.  That is to say, I believe they are fundamentally solvable,
but it will require some effort.  If people disagree with me, then fine;
speak up!  Like I said before, I am open to be proven wrong.

--Ken