nmh-workers

Re: Synchronization Problem

From: Krullen Van De Trap
Subject: Re: Synchronization Problem
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 20:53:03 +0000

Howard Bampton writes:
> I don't have any such code handy, but it seems like one could put smarts
> into the cronjob to either sleep or abort if you are active or have been
> recently (for your definition of that). Basically, look at the output from
> the "IDLE" column of the "w" or something similar. Since that looks at
> terminal idleness, and nmh is all CLI based, if you are using a web browser
> or the like, there won't be a conflict. If you are using mh-e, exmh, or the
> like, there could be as I am not sure how they show up. There is still a
> corner case where the cronjob starts and then you start doing something in
> nmh of course.
>
> Hope this helps.

See examples in the conditions in the attached and linked files. I have
used the "old" version before, and I currently use the "tip" version.
https://krabben.twilightparadox.com/fossil/ejmejl/info/810b0b4d6c11c967

In loop, I want certain things to run only when I am not at a keyboard.
You could change this things run when you are at a keyboard but not when
you have run mail commands in the last few seconds.

I pray that you have faith in my best sentiments.
Krullen Van De Trap