oath-toolkit-help

Re: oathtool make target without for API manuals?

From: Paul W. Rankin
Subject: Re: oathtool make target without for API manuals?
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 18:17:44 +1000

> On 13 Apr 2021, at 5:13 pm, Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org> wrote:
>
> tis 2021-04-13 klockan 13:31 +1000 skrev Paul W. Rankin:
>>
>> Thanks Simon! No build failure here, I just wanted to avoid the gtk-
>> doc dependencies. I'm on macOS using Pkgsrc, so it was as easy as
>> adding
>>
>>      DISTCHECK_CONFIGURE_FLAGS=
>>
>> to the Pkgsrc Makefile. I just had trouble finding that variable
>> before in the source. Everything builds without gtk-doc.
>
> Okay great.  That variable is only used if you invoke 'make distcheck'
> which for a normal installation isn't something you need to do.

Oh wait, I'm sorry I spoke too soon! Looks like I was building with gtk-doc
still installed. Once actually removed, I can no longer build. I've tried these:

        DISTCHECK_CONFIGURE_FLAGS=
        CFGFLAGS=

When building with Pkgsrc, build fails at:

```
cd /Users/pwr/Developer/pkgsrc/security/oath-toolkit/work/oath-toolkit-2.4.1 &&
autoreconf -fi

libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, 'build-aux'.

libtoolize: copying file 'build-aux/ltmain.sh'

libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIRS, 'm4'.

libtoolize: copying file 'm4/libtool.m4'

libtoolize: copying file 'm4/ltoptions.m4'

libtoolize: copying file 'm4/ltsugar.m4'

libtoolize: copying file 'm4/ltversion.m4'

libtoolize: copying file 'm4/lt~obsolete.m4'

Can't exec "gtkdocize": No such file or directory at
/usr/local/pkg/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 293.

autoreconf: error: gtkdocize failed with exit status: 2

*** Error code 2

Stop.

```

When attempting gmake from Pkgsrc's "work" directory:

```
gmake CFGFLAGS=
[...]
configure: summary of build options:

  version:          2.4.1
  Install prefix:   /usr/local
  Compiler:         gcc
  Build PAM module: yes
  PSKC:             no

make
 cd . && /bin/sh
/Users/pwr/Developer/pkgsrc/security/oath-toolkit/work/oath-toolkit-2.4.1/build-aux/missing
 automake-1.14 --gnu
/Users/pwr/Developer/pkgsrc/security/oath-toolkit/work/oath-toolkit-2.4.1/build-aux/missing:
 line 81: automake-1.14: command not found
WARNING: 'automake-1.14' is missing on your system.
         You should only need it if you modified 'Makefile.am' or
         'configure.ac' or m4 files included by 'configure.ac'.
         The 'automake' program is part of the GNU Automake package:
         <http://www.gnu.org/software/automake>
         It also requires GNU Autoconf, GNU m4 and Perl in order to run:
         <http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf>
         <http://www.gnu.org/software/m4/>
         <http://www.perl.org/>
make[1]: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
gmake: *** [cfg.mk:31: bootstrap] Error 2
```

I have automake and automake-1.16 in my PATH but not 1.14. Not sure why it
wants 1.14.

Thanks again.