octave gui & mingw

From: michaelschmid1
Subject: octave gui & mingw
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 12:55:34 +0100

That's a great idea I also thought about.
The Dock-Widgets from QT4 are great to program a matlab like
IDE. This would make it easier to change to octave.
My problem is that I'm not really familiar till now with QT, so I can't help
you a  lot with programming. I do my first steps with QT but I haven't also
a lot of time (and I'm trying to do the doc for octplot).
By the way, isn't it better to programm not only for MingW and Windows? I'm
using cygwin and on my computer at home I'm using linux, so a multi OS IDE
on QT would be the better in my opinion.
I'm very interestet in this project and I would help where and when I can!

mds