Re: octave gui & mingw

From: Sebastien Loisel
Subject: Re: octave gui & mingw
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 18:02:14 +0100

These seem to be two separate projects (GUI and plotting), both of
which are large jobs.

Maybe that's the case, but I would like to think not -- call me an optimist. However, instead of guessing, I'll give it a shot probably this weekend or in the next few weeks and then we'll see. Assuming that I can get David's MinGW build scripts to go and if all goes well, I should have something to look at by then. I mean, half the "GUI" is already done, just go and run that QT color syntax highlighter and you'll see. (It's not nice, but it's a great start!) The plotting doesn't scare me, I have a lot of experience with graphics. (I've worked at SGI, Sun and NVidia.)

subject was "handle grapics with Document/View design".  The following
posting includes a link to some code I wrote that will give you an
idea of what I have in mind: