Re: More octave-forge functions!!!

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: More octave-forge functions!!!
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 15:37:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 29 May 2006, Søren Hauberg wrote:

man, 29 05 2006 kl. 14:50 +0200, skrev David Bateman:
The remaining functions I consider to fall into two groups. The first of these groups of function in octave-forge which are core matlab functions is

 brighten contourf drawnow fill fill3 gtext imread imwrite
 legend meshc pareto patch pcolor peaks pie psi quiver
 scatter stem surf surfc text view zoom

Essentially these are all graphics functions and the graphics handles stuff will either largely change these functions, or simplify them and so I don't think these should be treated until the graphics handles stuff is addressed. Though they should go on someones todo list.

Why do imread and imwrite fall in this category? Do they really depend
on the handle-graphics stuff? I thought the problem with these functions
was ImageMagick.

The ones that will definitely be handled by the object graphics will be:

contourf drawnow fill fill3 gtext legend meshc pareto patch pcolor peaks pie quiver scatter stem surf surfc text view zoom

The ones that touch on, but are not specific to, object graphics are

brighten imread imwrite

brighten would require minimal modification after object graphics is completed if done now, and imread and imwrite are independent of object graphics.

I'm not sure where psi fits in.

Bill

--
"I like it when you can measure your land in acres rather than square
feet!"