Re: OctavePackaging

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: OctavePackaging
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 09:25:30 +0200

Am Freitag, 11. Mai 2007 18:53:32 schrieb John W. Eaton:
> If you think we can come to an agreement about what changes are needed
> for pkg.m within a few days, then I'll hold 2.9.11 until it is ready.
> If it will take much longer than that, then I'll go ahead with 2.9.11
> now.

Release now. If we need something special in Octave, we can always apply the
patch to the respective Octave debs temporarily.

Also, it doesn't make much sense to introduce a package manager so users can
build the package themselves easily and then wait for distributions to catch
up with building packages.

        Thomas