Mingw32 compiled binaries

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Mingw32 compiled binaries
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 08:49:02 +0200

Hello all,

I just wanted to report (for the record?) that I have been successful
in compiling octave 2.9.12 using mingw's gcc/g77.
Also the package manager suite works fine when using the MSYS shell like
Michael does in the msvc binary. So far I checked a few forge packages
and compilation/installation worked well (given you meet the dependencies)

BIG credits to Michael Goffioul, David Bateman and John W. Eaton.

Would it be of general interest to provide also (official) compiled
octave packages to be used with the mingw32 compiler?
This way one could also provide a packaged mingw compiler seperately
or bundled with octave. It is also (to me) more appealing in terms
of licensing (there was some discussion on msvc runtime libraries on
this list I recall)

benjamin