Re: Mingw32 compiled binaries

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Mingw32 compiled binaries
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 10:08:39 +0200

On 6/6/07, Benjamin Lindner <address@hidden> wrote:
Would it be of general interest to provide also (official) compiled
octave packages to be used with the mingw32 compiler?
This way one could also provide a packaged mingw compiler seperately
or bundled with octave. It is also (to me) more appealing in terms
of licensing (there was some discussion on msvc runtime libraries on
this list I recall)

It's especially appealing due to the fact that you can include the compiler
in the package, which is not possible with MSVC. I guess that you can
re-use a large part of the NSI scripts I wrote for the MSVC-based package.
It'd be also interesting to do some benchmarking.

Michael.