Re: Short report Cygwin Octave-2.9.13

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: Short report Cygwin Octave-2.9.13
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:21:14 +0200

>  Eventually I'd like to see an ability like
>
> pkg install
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/octave/image-1.0.2.tar.gz?download
>
> to install a package directly with a download, and something like
>
> pkg update
>
> to keep the packages up to date. This is the reason the file
> http://octave.sourceforge.net/packages.md5 exists, as it might be used
> to check whether the installed version of a package is up to date. If
> this is the case however it is essential that the compilers are include
> in your binary package. We can't do the same thing with MSVC compiler
> binaries which is why are of the packages are prebuilt and available in
> the installer.

I totally agree here, that's also the reason I want to provide
mingw-build binary packages along with the gcc/g++/g77 in order to have
a seamless integration of the package building.

Side-question: how would a net-download be done when installing a package?
By using wget? Or some other way? Are there library dependencies for it,
e.g. libcurl? Just asking, because this one I don't yet have in the build
process...

benjamin