[Graphics] OpenGL code integration

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: [Graphics] OpenGL code integration
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:06:44 +0100

Hi,

These last few days, I've been working on the OpenGL renderer
for integration within octave (ported from JHandles). Up to now,
I've converted the rendering of figure (== clearing background)
and axes objects (no content, no text [ticks/labels/title]). I'm
now wondering how this code could be aligned and/or integrated
in octave. More specifically, I'm wondering what's the best
option:

1) port the complete renderer before integrating it into octave:
this probably means you won't see any code before 2-3 months.

2) send patches on the mailnig list for early integration in octave:
patches would then be produced when rendering of a new object
has been completely converted.

3) wait for SCM switch before doing anything and work on a local
repository (maybe with a public archive, such that John can
pull changes regularly).

I'm also wondering where this code would be located within
octave: built in octinterp? built into an octgraphics library?

Michael.