Re: subspace

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: subspace
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 07:58:50 -0700

On Friday, March 21, 2008, at 10:51AM, "David Bateman" <address@hidden> wrote:
>Ben Abbott wrote:
>> On Friday, March 21, 2008, at 09:21AM, "Przemek Klosowski" <address@hidden>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> re. the automatic maintaining of the missing functions list, is there
>>> a way to get a list of all defined functions in Matlab, analog to
>>> octave's 'whos -all'? or are you gleaning the list by hand from
>>> their docs?

>> I don't know how the list below was created ...
>>
>>   http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?MissingMatlabFunctions
>>
>> ... but I'd start with
>>
>>> txt = help;
>>
>> and then parse that to obtain a list.
>>
>> Ben
>>
>I just used the webpage
>
>http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/funcalpha.html
>
>when I did something similar.
>
>D.

In the event, context is desired, this script will create a list by using the
help command. Only the core matlab functions are listed.

function list = listallfunctions ()

  top = help;

  topics = regexp (top,'matlab/*\w+','match');

  for n = 1:numel(topics)
      topics{n} = help (topics{n});
      m = findstr (topics{n}, '  See also');
      topics{n} = topics{n}(1:m);
  end

  list = strcat (topics{:});

end

Ben

p.s. I'm using web based email for this, the text might pass through as rtf.