Re: Plot command sequence behavior

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Plot command sequence behavior
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 21:40:12 -0400

On 24-Mar-2008, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

| John W. Eaton wrote:
|
| > Then use
| >
| >   set (gca (), "xdata", new_xdata, "ydata", new_ydata);
|
| That concept works, but it'd be:
|
| set(get(gca(),"children"), "xdata", [1:30], "ydata", 2*[1:30])

Oops, yes, except that the axes could have more than one child, so
probably you would want to hold on to the handles returned by the plot
function so you could modify the individual lines:

  h = plot (...);
  set (h, ...);

If you are only plotting one line, this is easy.  Otherwise, you have
to deal with the multiple handles returned by plot (one for each
line).

I agree its a bit messy, but I don't see that we have much of a
choice given that compatibility is a high priority for most users.