Re: 3.0.1 release?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: 3.0.1 release?
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 00:23:32 -0400

On  3-Apr-2008, Bill Denney wrote:

| I was wondering if it is possible to just install all the .m files in
| scripts/*/*.m?  It seems like that would make maintenance less of a
| chore (and I wouldn't have to feel bad when I forget to do something
| that seems mechanical to me).  If it's not possible to do that now,
| would it be a good change to move the files that should not be installed
| into some separate directory so that we could install all files listed
| above?

It used to be done that way, but then that is also how files are
picked up for release, so it was easy to get stray files into the
releases so I'd prefer to list them explicitly.  It would be good to
have a target in the scripts/Makefiles that displays files that are in
the directory but not in the SOURCES variable.  It would be helful if
someone would like to work on that.