Re: 3.0.1 release? (Report on cygwin result)

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: 3.0.1 release? (Report on cygwin result)
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 13:03:16 +0900 (JST)

Hello
> | However this comes from my personal cygwin setting.
> | Usually the cygwin would like to set HOME in (cygwin installed
> directry)/home/(login user
> name)
> |
> | I do not like this.
> | I set /home to other place for my convinient direcrty by cygwin mount
> command.
>
> I'm not sure whether we should try to work around this possible
> problem in the tests.  It seems unusual to me that HOME would not be
> the same as what is in the password file.  Why do you set it that way?

First user of my computer is only me and there is no accout expept Tatsu.
For Unixy sense it seems to be crazy always login computer in SU mode.
However, there are some software who can run under administrator mode.
Surely use of runas command to realize to be such software in the adminsrator
mode
even if I have login the normal user account.  However it is very tedious for
me.

In addtion, in my computer drive C: is the place for OS and Programs and drive
d; is a working drive.
I would like to set /home directry of cygwin the drive d:.  So I asigned
d:\usr\tatsu\cyghome to /home
by the cygwin mount command.

There would be a more good way to do that.  However once I set in this way I do
not wat to chage it.
Perhaps it will take time.

So please ignore error which comes from my silly setting.

Regards

Tatsuro

GANBARE! NIPPON! Win your ticket to Olympic Games 2008.
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ganbare-nippon/