updated print.m

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: updated print.m
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 12:34:44 -0400

I've pushed a changeset that addresses some of the troubles reported for printing, and have tried to cc all that reported problems.

With this changeset in place, only postscript and pdf output are assumed to target a printed page. All other outputs (eps, emf, png, etc) will render an image the size indicated by the figure's paperposition property.

Regarding pdf output, some linux variants do not have a "pdf" terminal included. In the event gnuplot does not directly support pdf output a check is made to see if "convert" is present. If so, a postscript page is produced and "convert" is used to render the desired pdf output.

I've also updated the help text for print.m and made some changes to clarify the code.

Ben