Re: 3.2.0

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: 3.2.0
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 20:49:52 +0200

Robert T. Short wrote:
Just a question. What are the criteria for a release? I am not arguing about the release, just want to know what the process is.

I have a few OOP items that need to be done, but the only real thing that should be finished before releasing 3.2 is some documentation and the clear classes function. How does this fit in?

Also, Jaroslav seemed to think that nobody liked the stable repository thing. I didn't get that impression at all. I am not sure we ever agreed on the front-to-back process, but I thought the basic notion was pretty agreed on. It seems to me he should just do it in a way that seems to work for him using the stable repository. If there are problems, we will just have to do something else.
Documenting the OOP inheritance stuff would probably be a good idea before a release as well. I was trying to write a chebyshev class inheriting for the example polynomial class for this with an overloaded filter method to create chebyshev filters for omega=0:1, but didn't have the time to get very far....

D.

35 rue Gambetta                              +33 1 46 04 02 18 (Home)
92100 Boulogne-Billancourt FRANCE            +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob)