Re: opengl and images (was: Re: fltk backend fix & mouse wheel scroll fa

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: opengl and images (was: Re: fltk backend fix & mouse wheel scroll factor)
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 10:48:38 -0400

On  3-Oct-2009, Shai Ayal wrote:

| On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 9:21 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
| >  image (rand (8, 10, 3))
| >  set (gca, 'xlim', [2, 4])
| >
| > I would expect something like the first image attached below
| > (generated with the gnuplot backend), but I get the second.  Oddly,
| > the axis is resized to fill the screen if the window is refreshed (by
| > placing another window on top of it then uncovering it, for example).
| > I'm not sure what the proper fix is.  Any clues?
|
| I attach a changeset to fix these issues -- It clips the image
| according to axes limits. It also fixes the limits of the image object
| to take into account the real size of the image

I applied the patch, but it still does not seem to behave as I would
expect.  Now I see the following after doing

  image (rand (8, 10, 3))
  set (gca, 'xlim', [2, 4])

(first attached figure) when I would expect something more like the
gnuplot output (second attached figure).

Do you see a way to display the  partial pixels between x=[2,2.5] and
x=[3.5,4]?  Also, do you understand what is causing the odd scaling of
the axes?  they are adjusted if the figure window is redrawn (for
example, but covering it with another window and then uncovering it)?

jwe

PNG image

PNG image