Re: opengl and images (was: Re: fltk backend fix & mouse wheel scroll fa

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: opengl and images (was: Re: fltk backend fix & mouse wheel scroll factor)
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 23:01:17 +0200

lor, 03 10 2009 kl. 09:55 +0200, skrev Shai Ayal:
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 9:21 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> >  image (rand (8, 10, 3))
> >  set (gca, 'xlim', [2, 4])
> >
> > I would expect something like the first image attached below
> > (generated with the gnuplot backend), but I get the second.  Oddly,
> > the axis is resized to fill the screen if the window is refreshed (by
> > placing another window on top of it then uncovering it, for example).
> > I'm not sure what the proper fix is.  Any clues?
>
> I attach a changeset to fix these issues -- It clips the image
> according to axes limits. It also fixes the limits of the image object
> to take into account the real size of the image

I tried the code in the repository, and it's nice to see images in FLTK
(it's the only feature I really miss; I don't mind using gnuplot for
printing). However, it seems plotting on top of images behave somewhat
odd, in that the image appears on top of the plot. To see this, try

  imshow (rand (100, 100, 3))
  hold on, plot (1:100, 50*sin(linspace (0, 2*pi, 100))+50, "linewidth",
10), hold off

in both backends.

Soren