Re: fltk printing [changest]

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: fltk printing [changest]
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 11:21:24 -0700 (PDT)

On 27 Jul, 2010,at 01:07 PM, Shai Ayal <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm abroad w/o a computer, so I can't comment much. I'll have a look
next week when I'm back
shai

Thanks for responding. Assuming you have occasional access to email, I'll summarize some important info.

Regarding gl2ps, I've made some assumptions.

(1) That the GL2PS_PS/EPS/PDF/TEX/SVG/PGF formats will each be supported.
(2) That the output will respect the figure's papersize, paperorientation, and paperposition property.

My understanding for how this should work is that the output canvas size for eps/svg/pgf formats should be limited to the figure.

For ps/pdf the output canvas size should reflect the papersize and paperorientation, with the figures's perimeter being defined by the paperposition property.

Since I'm completely unfamiliar with the details of how the backend functions (or will function), please correct me if my expectations are off the mark.

Assuming my expectations are ok, these needed features, in combination with the changeset I'm preparing, will result in fully functional fltk printing.

Since eps is output is available, the changeset enables several other formats as well. Those include all aifm, dxf, emf, fig, gif, hpgl, jpeg, mf, png, pbm, and pstex. These output formats are obtained by converting eps using ghostscript, pstoedit, and fig2dev.

Ben