Missing DLLs (was: Issues & questions building Octave-3.4.2 MinGW)

From: Miloš Komarčević
Subject: Missing DLLs (was: Issues & questions building Octave-3.4.2 MinGW)
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 12:10:06 +0100

Hi Tatsuro,

Thanks for building the latest Octave on MinGW and making it available
for testing.

I have tried both 27/7 and 8/8 packages and have some problems with
missing DLLs:

For 27/7, it was the libwmflite-7.dll, and for 8/8 it is libltdl-7.dll.

Both of these errors show up when I attempt an 'imread'.

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 01:36 AM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA-2 wrote:
> --- On Tue, 2011/8/9, Philip Nienhuis  wrote:
> > Do you have a description of how you put your Octave-3.4.2 binary together?
> > I'll try to describe in the coming weeks how I added the MinGW and MSYS
> > directory trees + your OctaveLibs & gplibs etc. into your Octave-3.4.2
> > binary. (I did it more or less using Benjamin's 3.2.4 binary as template).
> >
> From my personal reasons, I will be absent August 10 to 17.
> After that I will try describe them.

I haven't tried building myself yet, but just an idea:

Why not combine efforts and keep all MinGW related patches and
instructions at one central place under version control, e.g.:

http://octave.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/octave/trunk/octave-forge/admin/Windows/

I see Benjamin already has scripts there that download and install the
build environment and the dependencies for 3.4.x, why not build on
that?

Regards,
Miloš