Re: Missing DLLs (was: Issues & questions building Octave-3.4.2 MinGW)

From: nitnit
Subject: Re: Missing DLLs (was: Issues & questions building Octave-3.4.2 MinGW)
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 00:16:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Tatsuro,

Regarding your last change to octave-3.4.2.zip (2011-08-18), I am not sure
this is really neadedL

1. Regarding libwmflite-7.dll - it was required for building oct files in
prev. versions of your 3.4.2 builds but at least for me, it not required any
more by the recent builds (after copying libblas.dll.a, libfftw3.dll.a,
libfftw3f.dll.a, liblapack.dll.a, libhdf5.dll.a from recent OctaveLibs.zip
to lib subdir of my octave tree).
2. Regarding libltdl-7.dll - it is already bundled in the bin subdir in your
recent MinGW-TM.zip.

I have spent some time for reconstructing minimal installation tree for
being able to build oct files and adding octaveforge packages (using only
minimal subset of OctaveLibs.zip) from Tatsuro's builds and could build more
than 65 packages.

Tatsuro, one issue may be taken care now is: sed.exe from bin subdir of
recent octave-3.4.2.zip requires some missing dlls. Actually, this sed.exe
can be removed from octave-3.4.2.zip since another version of sed.exe which
does not requires these dlls (probably statically linked) already provided
by your recent msys-TM.zip ! I have noticed this when I tried to build
octaveforge audio pkg and could successfully build it only after sed.exe
from octave-3.4.2.zip has been removed.

I will report about all the steps I have taken when I will finish. It is
also possible that I will upload a zip with the full binary tree, including
octaveforge packages (about 150M) so other will be able to test it but I do
not have any access to sourceforge/octaveforge site or any other public
site.

Regards
Nitzan