Re: JIT test crash

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: JIT test crash
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 20:43:27 +0100

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 8:30 PM, Max Brister <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Michael,
>>
>> This defiantly looks like a bug in LLVM to me. I'll bring it up with
>> the LLVM people. In the mean time I'm thinking of not using the SSE
>> instructions for complex operations. I'm not sure how much benefit
>> there is considering complex numbers only have two values.
>>
>> In the mean time I think it might be useful if I could test JIT on
>> msvc directly. Are you build scripts available somewhere?
>

> I've put my build script (and current octave patch) available at these
> locations:
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45539519/octave-build2.zip
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45539519/msvc_compile_fix
>
> The entry point is the build.sh script, that I call like:
>
> ./build.sh --msvc --prefix=/c/Software/VC10Libs <module_name>
>
> where <module_name> is the name of the module to compile (see modules/
> subdir for a module list). Note, this is a DIY framework, don't expect too
> much from it.
>
> Michael.

That should be fine. It is nice not to have to start from scratch.
I'll go ahead and try to get a working build for me this weekend.

If you want, I can also make you available a (large) archive with everything pre-compiled (for x86 under WinXP), except octave. That should get you up to speed faster, assuming you're using VS2010.

Michael.