Re: integrating octave-gui and octave main programs (was: Re: Last commi

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: integrating octave-gui and octave main programs (was: Re: Last commit may break your builds)
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 22:42:34 +0100

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 10:30 PM, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:

Now we don't try run qmake or look for moc, uic, or rcc unless qmake
is available.  Running make from the top-level directory will also
build the GUI, so you don't have to cd to the gui directory and run
make separately.  I also defined a HAVE_QT flag in config.h, but it's
not used yet.

Thanks, just a couple of questions/comments:
1) why didn't you remove the line "SUBDIRS += gui" in top-level Makefile.am? it seems useless with the @GUIDIR@ replacement; note that I didn't do it that way, because I wasn't sure whether it would be picked up by the "dist" target even if @GUIDIR@ is set to an empty value

Thinking about it, your change actually defeats the --enable-gui argument that I added previously.

Michael.