Re: error building GUI on Mac OS-X 10.6.8

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: error building GUI on Mac OS-X 10.6.8
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 17:06:54 -0400

On 12-Aug-2012, Ben Abbott wrote:

| > Might there be a good reason to add an option for the build directory to
the configure script?  Patterning after this:

| > Fine tuning of the installation directories:
| >  --bindir=DIR            user executables [EPREFIX/bin]
| >  --sbindir=DIR           system admin executables [EPREFIX/sbin]
| >
| > for example:
| >
| > --builddir=DIR           object and libraries
| >
| > It's essentially the same as doing a
| >
| > mkdir ../DIR
| > cd ../DIR
| > ../octave/configure OTHER_OPTS
| > cd ../octave
| >
| > Or something like that.  By having this as an option, it lets people know
that a separate build directory can be done, and it might be useful down the
road to someone who wants to build a generic script or something.

| > Dan
|
| Sounds good to me!

This seems like a generic option for configure scripts, so I think you
should discuss it on the autoconf mailing list so that it would be
consistent for all projects that use autoconf, not just Octave.