RE: Can we freely use AMOS in Octave?

From: ACM Permissions
Subject: RE: Can we freely use AMOS in Octave?
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 20:08:14 +0000

Hello Jordi,

Thank you for your inquiry and for explaining your dilemma.  Please forgive the
delayed reply and be assured that ACM does not forbid commercial use of the
algorithms, but you do require a commercial use license, which is an addendum
to the ACM Software License Agreement referenced in the discussion included in
your email.

The Commercial license may be modified as needed to suit Coursera's
requirements as it regards GPL distribution, however the fee will need to be
adjusted accordingly.

You will note that ACM Policy also requires the original author's consent to
your use as a professional courtesy.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Deborah Cotton
Copyright & Permissions
ACM Publications