Re: clean up commit messages?

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: clean up commit messages?
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 03:26:52 +0200

On 6 August 2013 05:34, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

[snip]

Jordi, Kai,

It would be nice to use this experience to describe clearly a well-defined procedure
for working on a new feature in a separate clone in a way that makes the final merge
as painless as possible.

I'd like to start a wiki page about this if there isn't one already, would you like to help me with it?
I some text for it could be taken from Kai's blog, how should this page be named?

There's no hurry though as I'll be away with limited internet access for one week starting tomorrow.

c.

Finally I pushed my hopefully conform changesets to the development repository. So far the repository is rebased, thus all my changes are on top. But in the future I start merging again, because rebasing is only possible if the changesets are still drafts.

I additionally found your new wiki page http://wiki.octave.org/Hg_instructions_for_students c. and added some pictures in the style of the Mercurial manual to get the right ideas quickly. I would like to extend this page by the topic "testing new features" telling you how to pull changesets from students and get rid of them again easily.

Kai