Re: About ITSOL - ILUTP - MILU and packaging

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: About ITSOL - ILUTP - MILU and packaging
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 03:50:18 +0200

On 9 August 2013 21:50, saad <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

Sorry I did not get the chance yet to look carefully at these messages yet.
I do not have a copy of the  stand-alone versions Ruipeng sent you..
Regarding releasing a separate library which will be the same as the one used in Octave,
[for maintenance purposes] -- it may be doable but as you know in academia
students come and go -- so maintenance by people in my group is unlikely to be
reliable.. It will help if the codes are not too different from the ones we have - so I can
direct students to make fixes if they are simple ones.

For the question regarding ``a minimal usage example of ILUTP"  -- there is normally
one within the ITSOL package which can be converted to the stand-alone version.
This may be a little more tricky than the other preconditioners because of the additional
 permutation..
I can take a look at this but the problem is that I do not  know what Ruipeng sent you...
It may be best to wait until he returns [he is currently in China]..

I do want to help within our means

Yousef Saad

Thank you for your answer Yousef Saad. Unfortunately I did not receive the stand-alone versions from Ruipeng so far. Thus any example about ILUTP is welcome. Maybe something went wrong with the transmission? It did not get stuck in my spam-folder or alike. Can you or Ruipeng, when he returns, send it again to address@hidden?

Do you wish to receive a modified ITSOL archive with minor modifications and a configure script in it, to evaluate the effort for a new version?

With best regards,

Kai