Re: dev (gui) build does not start on kubuntu 13.04

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: dev (gui) build does not start on kubuntu 13.04
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 11:24:04 -0500

On 08/19/2013 03:00 AM, Torsten wrote:
On 18.08.2013 22:58, Kirill Fuior wrote:
I've tried to delete all content of this file and then start octave
again, but it didn't help.
But octave has wrote something to this file (attached -- qt-settings_new).

Are you sure that qt-settings_new is the file that octave rewrites when
it starts with an empty qt-settings file? Most of the entries in
qt-settings_new can not be written when octave crashes and does not exit
in a normal way. Instead, the few entries in your attached qt-settings
file are actually written at startup and from this it seems that
creating the editor widget might be the problem. I will have a look at
this tonight.

Are you thinking that because these settings

address@hidden()
address@hidden()

still say Invalid that the editor widget isn't working properly? Perhaps QSci is missing from Kirill's system.

Kirill, could you please search the config.log in the following way and report back the result:

grep sci config.log

Thanks,

Dan