Re: GSoC 2014, introducing myself.

From: RIchard Crozier
Subject: Re: GSoC 2014, introducing myself.
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 11:05:29 +0000

On 25/02/14 23:14, Ouzounis_Georgios wrote:

Hello everyone.

        My name is Georgios Ouzounis and I am a fourth year undergraduate in the
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering in Aristotle's University of
Thessaloniki, Greece.
I am interested in applying to GSoC 2014 for one of the three GNU Octave
projects listed below.

1) Rewrite Symbolic Package.
2) Improve MPI package.
3) Interface to Electronic Circuit Simulator.

Hi Ouzounis,

Welcome to the list!

Regarding the circuit solver interface project, I have just updated the description of what can be done on this (it was out of date), so you may want to take another look. I actually thought I'd updated this some time ago, but something has clearly been missed, probably a button click.

Regarding the status of the interface, it is quite well developed. Qucs itself is installed as a shared library. There is an existing API to this which works reasonably well and can be adapted/extended to accommodate the new features. There examples of using the existing interface in the the development sources for Qucs here:

http://sourceforge.net/p/qucs/git/ci/master/tree/examples/external_interface/

Those responsible for the other projects you're interested in will be in touch soon I'm sure. I can provide more information if you want to know more.

Regards,
Richard Crozier

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.