Re: Mac OS Binary

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: Mac OS Binary
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 10:20:41 -0800 (PST)

Marius Schamschula-5 wrote
> See https://trac.macports.org/ticket/48622
>
> I’m not the MacPorts octave maintainer, but I’ve been using octave 4.0.0
> built using a local Portfile MacPorts on all my machines for the last
> three months.

Dear Marius,

does it build on 10.10? If it is more reliable than homebrew we could use
Macports for creating the binary (as Carlo did with 3.x). I am still
struggling with qt on 10.10.

Sebastian

P.S.: Personally, I gave up Macports some years ago when I uploaded an
improved portfile for octave 3.8 (?) and the maintainer asked me for
sponsorship to get the file (quicker?!) integrated into Macports. The
contact was nice but nonetheless I made some experiments with homebrew and I
kept using it :) It seemed more democratic and quicker with updates.