Re: Item groups in bug tracker: "incorrect result" too broad, and masked

From: Michael Godfrey
Subject: Re: Item groups in bug tracker: "incorrect result" too broad, and masked by "regression"
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 13:32:22 +0000

On 01/14/2016 01:04 AM, LachlanA wrote:
Greetings Michael,

I'm certainly not saying that bugs in plotting are necessary not serious
bugs.  All was saying is that I would like this category to exclude them,
and even for that, you have almost convinced me otherwise.

If a plot looks "right", but plots the wrong numbers, that possibly belongs
in the same category.  I mainly wanted to exclude bugs like the top 8 open
bugs from   Category=Plotting  and  Item Group = Incorrect Result:
Good. But, this is just a reminder that we somehow need to clearly
distinguish:
category means: "result is not correct due to an error in the computation
                               or in the displayed results"
from the category means: "the behavior of Octave does not match the
documentation of what was "expected" or what the user thinks would be
better, or compatible with Matlab, or ..."

Right now I cannot think of any unambiguous short phrases that
make this clear.
Suggestions???

Michael