Re: closing Octave-Forge svn repository

From: Alexander Barth
Subject: Re: closing Octave-Forge svn repository
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2016 21:43:26 +0100

Carnë,

Can you move my repositories (cgi, ncarray, netcdf and octcdf) to git
rather than hg)?
Personally, I find it quite demotivating that these changes where made
without approval of the package maintainers (for the actively
maintained packages at least). Has the package maintainer nothing to
say which tools he is supposed to use? I really doubt that other
scripting languages mandate which version control system you have to
use for your software repository (in order to be visible by the
package manager).

It is only now that I see your message, but it seem that you already
made this change only 3 days afters announcing it. I already mentioned
in the past that I did not want my packages to be moved.