Re: new ODE functions

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: new ODE functions
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 14:51:07 -0800

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 17:30:05 -0500, John W. Eaton wrote:
> In any case, I can fix the configure script to try linking with LAPACK and
> BLAS libs if the first attempt without them fails.

I think we have to unfortunately. This is the kind of thing that
pkg-config should solve for us, but no pkg-config support in these
scientific libraries.

We have similar LIBS="$LAPACK_LIBS $BLAS_LIBS $FLIBS $LIBS" padding for
other libraries that may depend on these and may be built statically, or
may be built dynamically but without the appropriate dependencies, or
without OS linker support for resolving dependencies among shared
objects.

--
mike