Re: new ODE functions

From: c.
Subject: Re: new ODE functions
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 08:40:24 +0100

On 17 Dec 2016, at 10:40, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

> I would also like to have a very clear warning when SUNDIALS
> is available but KLU is not.
>
> In preliminary tests ode15i is more than 10 faster than DASPK
> for systems with sparse jacobian when using KLU, while it gives
> negligible advantages without it.

The attached example can be used to measure the impact of using a sparse
Jacobian.
On my system I get:

  Elapsed time = 3270.39 s. for DASPK, 21.3246 s. for ode15i

I'd really like users to know that they may incur a slowdown by a factor of 150
if
they decide to skip installing KLU just because that's how the debian package
for
SUNDIALS is built ...

c.