Re: how to view the texinfo for a package

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: how to view the texinfo for a package
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2017 12:11:20 -0700

On Sun, Sep 03, 2017 at 19:05:25 +0200, c. wrote:
> Some forge packages (very few actually) ship a .info manual which gets
> installed with the package.
> The examples that I could find are odepkg (which I am trying to fix) and
> communtications.

The optim package includes a function "optim_doc" that solves this
problem its own way.

Take a look at #44529 [1] for some initial ideas about making the doc
function aware of packages. I think it would be a good thing if the doc
function knew whether a function was part of a package and could look
into the appropriate info file if a package provides one.

[1]: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?44529

--
mike