Re: how to view the texinfo for a package

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: how to view the texinfo for a package
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2017 04:36:49 +0000

> On 3 Sep 2017, at 23:32, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> No, I don't remember that ever working. I see that doc.m looks for a
> file called doc.info in the directory containing a matching function
> file, but nothing based on the package name.

Indeed, that is the approach that was used in odepkg!
The package contains an m-file function "odepkg.m" for
documenting the whole package and a file named "doc.info"
that gets installed in the same directory.

"doc odepkg" used to show the contents of "doc.info" but
now it shows the docstring from the m-file instead.

> I think that some logic should be put in place to associate an info file
> with the pkg metadata, so for example "doc ode78" would be directed to
> the info file associated with odepkg.

actually that would be the default behaviour as ode78.m and odepkg.m
are installed in the same directory so doc.info would be in the same directory
as ode78.m.

The logic would probably be required for .oct files though.

c.