Re: pkg tests and improvements

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: pkg tests and improvements
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2018 15:20:42 -0700

On Thu, Apr 05, 2018 at 00:15:36 +0200, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
> 1. What folders are always writable by the user running the tests?
> /tmp? I have no clue of the folder structure of the buildbots

The only path that can be guaranteed to be writable is the path returned
by tempdir(), which may be /tmp or may be set by $TMPDIR. Any files that
you need to write should be under tempdir(), and preferably created by
using the tempname() function. Plenty of examples of %!tests that create
temporary files and directories and clean them up in an unwind_protect.

> 2. Mike, are you currently working on pkg.m?

I am only looking at pkg.m with respect to bug #53561. There are plenty
of things I would like to fix in pkg.m, but I generally stay out of it.

--
mike