User-visible mentions of future Octave versions

From: Mike Miller
Subject: User-visible mentions of future Octave versions
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2018 18:12:12 -0700

There are a few mentions of Octave 4.6 and 4.8 in some user-visible
places

  * NEWS
  * quadcc.cc (doc string)
  * scripts/deprecated/*.m (doc strings)

Since we know the development branch is now called 5.0.0, should we try
to update these notes on the stable branch so users have the best
information about what's coming? Specifically, mentions of 4.6 are now
5.1, and mentions of 4.8 are now 6.1? Or will we just call them Octave 5
and Octave 6 now?

I don't deal much with deprecations, but I just pushed a change on
stable to delete some things that seemed to have been overlooked for
4.4, please correct if this was not right

  https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/09e0ddee659c

--
mike