Re: Removing XFAILs from test suite summary

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Removing XFAILs from test suite summary
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 14:20:02 -0400

On 04/11/2018 02:11 PM, Mike Miller wrote:

However, there will always be one xtest without a bug number, because
the test function itself tests the xtest keyword.

Ha, I wonder whether that test is really necessary.

With grep, I also see several other %!xtests without bug numbers that
aren't failing on my system, but maybe fail on others, someone might
want to look into bug numbers for those as well.

If it's easy to find reports for those, then I'd say add the numbers. Otherwise, we should probably just convert them to plain %!test blocks. Those may have been tests that failed for a significant period of time so we made them xtests so it would be easy to see whether there were any new failing tests. I'm guessing those would have been from a time before we handled bug numbers in the test suite.